Project Epsilon Production Thread

Project Epsilon is an animated web series taking place on a certain message board in 2006. It's a story and a concept I've been trying to bring to life for, well, 6 years and as far as I know, nobody has really attempted something like this before. There will be five episodes, each a few minutes in length, released weekly at the end of 2013.

Script writing and concept art are well underway, and production goes full-steam on animation in May (possibly June.) I will post as many updates as I am able on all of these. To keep you interested, here's our first piece of character art!

Character Art #1: TMS

Hmm

spooie, you want a part? Spit it out. :P

Maybe he knows where Smiley is

*points gun at spooie*

You tell me where you've been holding him!! I swear I'll blow your fricking brains out!!

Also, every Sunday I'm hoping to have some kind of update on the production of the series. This Sunday for instance will see the debut of another piece of concept art for a certain character. It's a villain, in case you were wondering.

I'm curious to see what my concept is like. Not to sound selfish.

I just find it incredibly interesting to see what type of "persona" I gave an impression of in another's mind.

It hasn't been made yet, but it is coming. I'll pass it along to you to see if you want to make any changes before I show it publicly.

Kumiko wrote:I'm curious to see what my concept is like. Not to sound selfish.

I just find it incredibly interesting to see what type of "persona" I gave an impression of in another's mind.

This is pretty much how I feel. I'll gladly do the voice even if you make me an ugly fat bad guy, though.

Well, let's get into it then. What do you want to be presented as?

I don't even remember 2006 outside of the Wii and PS3 launches. Oh, and hitting my enemy's weak spots for massive damage.

2006 was crazy times. Remember arguing with Neosis and Tofudrift all night long.

Me arguing or you?

Me.

I think you were in the background recording X-Play and saying we're all whippersnappers.

spooie wrote:I don't even remember 2006 outside of the Wii and PS3 launches. Oh, and hitting my enemy's weak spots for massive damage.

I remember Riiiiiidge Raaaaaaacer.

Andrex wrote:Well, let's get into it then. What do you want to be presented as?

Idk... whatever.

No no, we have to do this now if you really want to be in. The whole idea for the series is dumb so it's kind of useless being embarrassed. What do you want to be?

I guess Mr. House or something would be cool. Considering I've been using him as my avatar for ages now and he's pretty much my favorite video game character of the generation.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/ ... 36j3nn.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/32 ... _large.jpg

Alright, we'll chat later about the specifics but that should help for now.

test

Character Art #2: Manythings

Manythings was a chick?

Timey wimey wibbly wobbly!

Fast and loose with G4 canon.

Works for me.

Also, I wanted to balance the genders and thought it would be more interesting to have a complex villain characters as a woman.

But is she really all that bad? Hrm... she has some secrets.

I'm actually pretty excited at the direction I've taken her character. She used to be so one-dimensional, but now...

This also speaks to another issue: if you don't want me interpreting your gender wrong, don't use an opposite-gender avatar. :P I've met you Steph so you're cool.

Hey, I've always used female avatars until recently,

Now I'm a viral marketing campaign to ensure America watches the correct Sherlock.

Character Art #3: Andrex

I love this art. It is all so nice and colorful!

All thanks go to my amazing concept artist Mignon, she's really captured exactly what I'm going for. The outfit design in particular suits the semi-modern/semi-futuristic feel of the series perfectly. Very happy with the results so far.

I will continue to selfishly await my concept. I'm so fucking curious.