Site Guidelines (4/10: Updated sig rules, streamlined content rules)

Signatures

1. Signatures can have one image that is 500 pixels wide by 200 pixels high, with a max filesize of 600kb.
  2. Gamertags count towards the image limit.
  3. If you have a video in your signature, you can not also include an image (and vice-versa.)

Content

1. Links leading to websites containing non-work safe content must include an "18+," "NSFW," or similar text next to them. This goes for thread titles with mature subject matter in the first post, too.
  2. Non-work safe images and videos should be linked and not embedded outright.

Penalties

We have a loose three strike rules for moderator action. Warning › Suspension › Ban. If you've been good for a while, that will be considered also. For most offenses the progression is as follows:

1. Warning
  2. 1-day suspension
  3. 7-day suspension
  4. 1-month suspension or a permanent ban

BBCode Tags

1. [youtube] Enter the ID of the YouTube video here, which is whatever comes after youtube.com/watch?v= in the URL.
  2. [spoiler] Covers the specified text in a black box, viewable by highlighting or hovering.
  3. [strike] Puts a line through the specified text.
  4. [hr] Inserts a horizontal rule (dotted line.)

No Racism? I'm hurt.

So shirtless guys is ok?

>_> I like that...

Kumiko wrote:So shirtless guys is ok?

>_> I like that...

Just trying to follow G4. >_>

Oh and WTF they deleted my entire signature! :mad;

Andrex wrote:Just trying to follow G4. >_>

Oh and WTF they deleted my entire signature! :mad;

Lol. As if it even mattered. No one sees any of your posts, anymore.

nothere413 wrote:Lol. As if it even mattered. No one sees any of your posts, anymore.

I wanted to look it up to draw inspiration on what my new sig should be. :sad; :(

Andrex wrote:I wanted to look it up to draw inspiration on what my new sig should be. :sad; :(

I keep all of my previous avatars and signatures in a folder.

nothere413 wrote:I keep all of my previous avatars and signatures in a folder.

So do I, I just would like to lookup the layout...

Although I have that saved too, come to think of it...

andrex wrote:so do i, i just would like to lookup the layout...

Although i have that saved too, come to think of it...

nerd!

nothere413 wrote:nerd!

Banned! :mad;

Andrex wrote:Banned! :mad;

Lol. You made me sad.

ah this is nice

New fields added: Wii Code, Xbox Live ID, and PSN Name.

Already added.

Updated: [zune] Card, [gametrailers], [gamevideos], and [google] Video tags added.

Any suggestions for other video sites? I got DailyMotion and Metacafe up next.

It's actually been somewhat difficult to take and decrypt the embed codes they give out and make them valid, it really shouldn't be this hard...

Updated: [ign], [dailymotion], and [metacafe] video tags added. There's a few hoops to jump through if you want to embed these kinds of videos, though.

When will big websites realize that the "embed" tag DOES NOT EXIST?! Embed is a non-standardized tag, yet every site uses it like it is.

The correct form is:

Code: #" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;" class="postlink-local">Select all
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width: 400px; height: 345px;">
   <param name="src" value="SOURCE.swf" />
   <param name="id" value="ID" />
</object>

It's that simple, even simpler if it lets you directly link to an actual SWF file like MetaCafe does!

But no. THIS is the default MetaCafe embed code:

Code: #" onclick="selectCode(this); return false;" class="postlink-local">Select all
<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1879048/gun_disarms.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>
<font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1879048/gun_disarms/">Gun Disarms</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Free videos are just a click away</a></font>

Yeah. What could be two-three lines of valid code becomes this garbled mess instead.

Grr. NERD RAGE! :mad;

Updated: Bordered Image support has been added, as you can see in my sig. Soon, I'll have it so you can change the color of that border so it isn't always black.

Also, the signature image filesize has been bumped up to 300kb. If people complain about long load-times I may reduce it.

You can now edit your own custom title in the User CP.

Oh ok, I got it. :P

- The maximum filesize of avatars has been increased to 200kb.

- While it's always been technically possible to upload signature images and use them with the [signature] tag, it was limited to around 10,000 bits, which is about 9kb. I've bumped this up so that you can now upload sigs up to 300kb, which is the current limit for sigs anyways. I will still allow one [img] tags in sigs, so that it doesn't break the current configuration.

- [bigyoutube] acts the same as the normal YouTube tag, except it embeds it as big as possible. Protip: Add [font=Courier New]&ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/font] for high quality and [font=Courier New]&hd=1[/font] for HD quality at the end of the video ID to embed it with that quality if it's available.

Please note that only YouTube videos are the only accepted video format for signatures.

Let Tvman099/Teh Sarge in. :(

I did like ten minutes ago. >_>

Andrex wrote:I did like ten minutes ago. >_>

ok.

Why is imageshack banned?

Teh_Sarge wrote:Why is imageshack banned?

No matter what happens, all images will eventually be replaced with the "Golden Frog" image. I'd prefer it if you used a more stable host.

Why don't we make political threads have to be marked with a (Politics) rather than just being banned?

Andrex wrote:No matter what happens, all images will eventually be replaced with the "Golden Frog" image. I'd prefer it if you used a more stable host.

Tinypic doesn't appear to let me upload from URL, and I don't want to clutter up my photobucket with random junk.

Know of any other sites I can use?

Just make a second Photobucket, or a subfolder in your main account.

Andrex wrote:Just make a second Photobucket, or a subfolder in your main account.

:disgust;
Fine.

Image <- Doesn't work for me. Whenever I click it, nothing happens.

When I click, " Submit Reply," which I'm about to do, it won't go back to the thread page. Instead, it will post it, however, it won't take me back.

Besides that, I like it :content;

Edit: also, It says I have 1 new message, but when I go into my inbox, there's nothing >.>