Gcast Coordination Thread

Threads:

Format for episodes 34 and above:

The Gcast has been relaunched, again! Well not so much relaunched as renewed. From now on, the Gcast will follow a weekly schedule (as per episodes 32-34) and strive to be in the ballpark of half an hour long. This way, we keep a constant supply of new Gcastyness coming right at your face every week, and we don't waste a ton of your time doing it.

As well, the "branding" of the Gcast has been refreshed to signify the slight format readjustment. You can see this in the logo above and on the YouTube version title cards from episode 34-on. If you use audio software that allows you to set the cover art, you can use this image for the Gcast/Project Gforum Crew.

Format for episodes 18 through 33:

I am proud to announce the relaunch of Project Gforum's podcast, the Gcast. Well really, it relaunched earlier last month with episode 13. Basically, the format of episodes 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 have not only been consistent with eachother, but they are also completely contrary to the format we had before. So I figured we shouldn't keep up the charade of continuing the old show, and take this opportunity to rename the podcast (slightly) and try to highlight what is in my opinion a great feature, Gtrivia.

Say hello to the all-new Gcast and Gtrivia. In the title for the MP3's, YouTube vids, etc. there will no longer be a "The" cluttering things up. Keep it simple, stupid. As for Gtrivia (previously known as "Pop Up GVideo"), it is now being built-into the YouTube versions of the Gcast, but will still be very similar to how it was in episode 17.

Especially now that YouTube has taken all the restrictions off the ProjectGforum YouTube channel, new episodes will be uploaded in their full-length and HD glory, with Gtrivia providing running commentary powered by annotations (similar in concept to Pop-Up Video.)

What about the new format itself? It's basically entirely free-form. I come up with some topics to talk about on the spot and we talk about them, sometimes veering into off-topic but always coming back to video games. So far, all episodes have also been a two-person affair but I do want that to change.

The old format and thread served us well but I'm glad with the new Gcast, and will be even happier next episode once the changeover is complete and official. Speaking of, we'll probably record that one later in the week, so clear your schedules and find a mic!

Further episodes will continue to get their own threads, although they will have a different look as well. And of course you can download the the older episodes here.

Are we going back to a set schedule?

Kumiko wrote:Are we going back to a set schedule?

We're definitely going back to a regular "rhythm," but I don't know if we'll have a set schedule just yet. Right now I'm aiming for every other Friday night, but keeping it elastic so we can get as many people as possible.

Hmmmmm It'll be a hit or miss for me once the semester picks up again.

But also at the same time, I'll probably be living closer to the dorm. So I guess we'll see.\

Yeah. We'll play it by ear. I do want Ryan to be apart of the next few since you've been dominating it ever since it came back. :P

Even get Chad and Stealth all up in here too.

Andrex wrote:I do want Ryan to be apart of the next few

AWWWWW.... YOU DO CARE! :(

You're a bit rowdier than Steph and I. :P Plus too much of a good thing like me and Steph could be a bad thing for listeners. :D

*see date of 2008*

Goddamn man... This has been going on forever.

Looking back at it made my heart sink a bit... Damn have things changed since then.

Kumiko wrote:*see date of 2008*

Goddamn man... This has been going on forever.

Looking back at it made my heart sink a bit... Damn have things changed since then.

Yeah, they have...

But in some ways, they've stayed exactly the same. :Q

Well we started planning it in 2008, but we didn't actually record the first ep until right around v2's launch in April 2009. But yeah. We've been doing this a while. Kind of sneaks up on you.

I think I was going to try and get involved in this back when it started. Somehow never managed to though.

Well we could use you know. :)

OK so we'll be recording episode 18, the first one to be in this new format officially, tomorrow. Once again, that's Friday July 8, 2011 at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific.

Steph I want you there, and tell Rob and Sal I want them to show up this time too. Chad, Ryan, Sarge, I want each and every one of you there, as well. Spooie, you too, and tell Mallys he better show up or else. Stealth and sixsicksixes? Of course I want you guys there.

Let's do it. Let's have a fricking huge recording session. Let's see if it's actually possible, and if it's possible to even stay on topic. Let's just have fun.

Make some time, find a mic, and be there, damn it.

I'm actually just hitting a nice 4 day weekend off of work so unless I end up going out and doing something social, I'll be able to be there.

Do you guys use Skype or something else? I have Mumble.

Woot!

It's Skype. Add AmazingAndrex as a contact.

Well, unless something suddenly comes up, I have no other plans, so I should be able to do this.

Woot! Two for two so far. Just don't forget!

I'll try to make it. Pretty sure I don't have anything planned for tomorrow.

nothere413 wrote:I'll try to make it. Pretty sure I don't have anything planned for tomorrow.

DON'T FORGET

We've got a problem. Rob's visiting from out of town, so I probably won't be home tomorrow night.

We've got plans with some friends.

How many times have I told you Steph: stop having a life! :|

But it's fine. But ask if they all want to join in too. :Q

Andrex wrote:How many times have I told you Steph: stop having a life! :|

But it's fine. But ask if they all want to join in too. :Q

Way to put her in an awkward position, Trex.

nothere413 wrote:Way to put her in an awkward position, Trex.

Oh she knows I'm kidding.

Would be banging if she got like eight people all crowded around her mic while we record. :P

I'll come

sbf717 wrote:I'll come

Awesome, your deep druggy sounding voice will be a nice counterpoint to mine. :D

Everyone should bring one single topic they want to talk about, if possible. But don't stress about it or anything.

Andrex wrote:Oh she knows I'm kidding.

Would be banging if she got like eight people all crowded around her mic while we record. :P

It's a Friday night, too.

BOUND TO BE DRINKING.

Well if Chad's coming, it's only natural that we discuss the Uncharted 3 beta.

Cool. I'm sure Stealth wants to talk about it too.

Andrex wrote:Cool. I'm sure Stealth wants to talk about it too.

Fucked up laptop and no mic. I seriously need to fix it.